The building, which currently serves as the visitor center, was purchased from Finland resident Bill Anderson. Originally located in Finland at the site of the current forestry station, the building was constructed in 1927 by O.M. Eckbeck, when he was transferred from Cramer to Finland. Four children were raised in the cabin. Bill Anderson purchased the building from the state and removed it to his property where, off and on, it was rented. In 1991 the Society purchased the building and moved it to its final location at the Heritage Site. It is used for gatherings and contains the Society’s store, which offers Finnish items, a selection of Heritage Site clothing and local craft consignments.